MANILA, Philippines – TNT guard Terrence Romeo said Thursday there was "no need to make a fuss" over his alleged involvement in a bar brawl.
Romeo, who also plays for the Gilas Pilipinas national team, was allegedly involved in a fight along with members of his group early Thursday morning in Quezon City's Tomas Morato strip.
On his Twitter account, Romeo said: "I'm in my house right now. I'm not held up in any prison or station."
"No need to make a fuss," he said. "Watch the CCTV, I believe it's somewhere in social media right now. I didn't do anything."
"Let the video speak for itself."
Romeo said both camps involved in the incident were "okay" and that no charges were filed.
The TNT guard did not need medical attention after the incident, his team manager, Virgil Villavicencio, told ABS-CBN News
"I was able to talk to him as soon as I heard the news," Villavicencio said. "Ang importante naman is he's okay. 'Yun ang concern namin."
"Sabi niya, 'I'm okay.' I asked, do you need medical attention? Wala naman daw, okay naman siya," he added.
He came from a 28-point, 8-assist performance in TNT's 106-102 loss to San Miguel Beer in the PBA Commissioner's Cup quarterfinals late Wednesday before the brawl.
An altercation occurred after a fan requested for a picture with Romeo, with the fan's wife, Clarissa Cabrera, claiming that one of Romeo's friends punched her husband.
"Una po, nakapagpa-picture na kami kina Terrence. Pangalawa po, pauwi na kami, nagpapaalam na po kami para magpa-picture ulit. Nagulat na lang po kami may bigla pong sumapak hanggang sa nagkagulo na po," Cabrera said in a DZMM interview.
Cabrera had pictures and a video of the incident, but claimed that Romeo denied knowing who the attacker was.
Romeo was one of the Gilas Pilipinas players involved in the brawl with the Australian national basketball team last week during a FIBA World Cup qualifier.
-- with a report from Jekki Pascual, ABS-CBN News
For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.