MANILA- The Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) conducted on Thursday its public panel interview with candidates for the position of Supreme Court Associate Justice as Associate Justice Presbitero J. Velasco, Jr., reaches the compulsory retirement age of 70 on August 8, 2018.
The following candidates were interviewed by the regular members of the JBC during the morning and afternoon sessions:
- Court of Appeals (CA) Associate Justice Oscar Badelles
- CA Associate Justice Ramon Garcia
- CA Associate Justice Manuel Barrios
- CA Associate Justice Amy Lazaro Javier
- Davao Judge Carlos Espero II
- Former Ateneo Law School dean Cesar Villanueva
The following are also candidates for the said judicial position, but whose previous interviews in prior applications to the high court are still valid:
- CA Associate Justices Ramon Bato, Jr.
- Apolinario Bruselas
- Rosmari Carandang
- Ramon Paul Hernando
- Jose Reyes, Jr.
- Court Administrator Jose Midas Marquez
President Rodrigo Duterte has so far appointed four magistrates to the Supreme Court namely, Associate Justices Samuel Martires, Noel Tijam, Andres Reyes, Jr., and Alexander Gesmundo.